A plethora of pinatas jefe

heeeelloooooOoo world!!! what is up?? it's been a gucci first week here in Kirkland Washington!! the troublesome trio is just rocking it up here so it's been a grand ol time. 

hermana Powell and I were MTC companions so it has been so much fun to be back together (maybe too much fun). her Spanish is waaaaay better than mine which is sad because everyone is so surprised to find out we've had the same amount of time in the mission hahaha. 

hermana Mather is from Highland and actually went to USU for a year before she came out (and we never bumped into each other which is wild) and is the sweetest. she's an incredible missionary that keeps hermana Powell and I in check hahaha

 

small plates:

-first night up here we didnt have any set plans so we went knocking and randomly knocked into a member who let us right in. she told us that shes been planning on coming back to church and was just talking to her husband about it when we knocked... definitely no coincidence there. they fed us Filipino food and we talked about the gospel and it was wonderful

-BAPTISM! not our baptism but still a BAPTISM! the other sisters in the ward baptized the coolest guy named Andres and it was awesome. the best part was after having a very spiritual experience at the baptism, everyone threw on their sports clothes and we played futbol in the gym because that's the only reasonable way to celebrate as a Hispanic hahah

-had a solid lesson with our 19 year old friend named Alan. he's buddies with Andres and we were able to have a lesson right before the baptism with him about what it means to be baptized and recieve the holy ghost and he was very interested. I felt prompted to share an experience of a time when I felt like I received a "heavenly hug" where it literally felt like someone was hugging me while I was praying during a hard time and he was like "no way... I was just googling last week how you can get a hug from jesus because I've always wanted that" 😳 so cool. he told us he'd definitely like to keep learning how he can be baptized too sooooo we're stoked

-went to the temple this morning :,) and oh how I've missed it. the spirit was incredible and I couldn't stop smiling the entire time... truly ain't nothing better than the restored gospel of jesus christ

 

large plates:

-my companion from last transfer is from Texas and doesnt know how to drive in the snow but INSISTED that she drive us to transfers IN THE SNOW. she was going 20 over the whole time on the freeway and I for sure thought I was going to die. 

-there's 10534 weed stores here and one of my companions wants to pull a prank and go in to one by our apartment and ask for a weed salad 

-spent 50 min trying to get chic fil a nuggets but it was worth it. we got the nugs

 

my emails are getting progressively shorter and not as eventful sooo sorry about that. but hey less news is good news because it means I'm alive and well right? 

 

the mission is fantastic. I hit my 7 months this week and it just makes me want to cry because it's going too fast. 

 

love u all so much!!!!!! have such a blessed week!!!

 

con mucho amor,

hermana hess

 

fotos:

nature

da trio

da hermanas

 






Comments