"another week, not another dollar"
HEY! this week has been another
goody! the weeks are flying by out here and it's insane... in 2 weeks hit 5
months which makes me wanna cry because i feel like I just got out here...
loco. I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween and that you ate lots of
unhealthy things for me because I'm trying to be healthy!! ALSO s/o to my
cougars for the phat w!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!! (Utah state I still love you, but BYU
needed this win so bad hahahaha nothing makes me happier)
large plates:
-found a
15 year old boy named Aiden and ended up talking to him for like an hour... he
isn't super religious and told us he would've never talk to missionaries but he
felt like there was something different about us so he didnt shut the door. we
ended up giving him a pamphlet and our number, and when we came back he had
read through the pamphlet and happily accepted a book of mormon, so that was
awesome. we became fast friends and we've already been able to visit a few
times this week so hopefully we can keep working with him!!
-found a
lot of random people who seemed to need someone to talk to in that moment. one
lady in particular said that she has lived here since July and has no friends
and so she really appreciated that we even stopped to talk with her in her
garage. God knows all his children you guys
-UH HAD 5
PEOPLE COME TO CHURCH WHICH WAS A MIRACLE. this is literally a 3rd of our
branch so this was so so awesome. we had a killer testimony meeting and Sunday
school too so that's always a plus
small
plates:
-got to
leave the mission to go to ZION (aka target) because Hermana Hampton has 0
winter clothing and spent 3 hours in there and spent over $400 between the 2 of
us hahahah such a good day
-had
freshly caught salmon twice this week and had some homemade Misu at our Japanese
member's home. if you know me you know all of this was an absolute
highlight
-i got a
guitar from the elders so now I'm in heaven with my ukulele and guitar hehehe.
this is the most I've practiced in like 7 years and my fingers are suffering
but it's so worth it
-gave a
card of jesus to a guy filling up his mod in his car hahahah the look on his
face was priceless
-got
hardcore hit on by a 15 year old boy and I just laughed because that's how old
Chito is and theres no way in any universe hahahaha
in Sunday
school yesterday, we talked about 1 and 2 Timothy and how we can truly become
more Christlike and how we can become an example of the believers. in 1 Timothy
4:12, it says
12 Let no
man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in
conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
somehow
it sort of turned into a testimony meeting about us the missionaries (sorry not
trying to toot my own horn) because of the line 'let no man despise thy youth'
and literally everyone in the room told how the young missionaries had
absolutely changed their life because almost everyone in the branch is a
convert of only a few years. members shared how it took years for them to let
the missionaries in and how through their messages, they came to know who their
Savior was and began to feel the love of God in their lives. It came to Selvin
and he just shared about how he doesn't know who he would be if those
missionaries hadnt knocked on his door 4 months ago and then just bore
testimony about how everytime we come over, he feels the light of Christ and he
knows that we have divine power. he told me directly that it was because of me
that he was no longer an addict and was now a disciple of Christ. aaaand I was
crying a waterfall at this point. As we went around the room and everyone
looked me in the eye and bore testimony about missionary work, my heart was so
full and it absolutely testified that this is where I am supposed to be. this
is the most incredible work on earth and I am incredibly grateful to be a part
of it.
I love
this gospel. I love it so much. literally to everyone back home, take advantage
of the things you know. if you are a member of the church, share what you know.
if you are not a member or are not as active, you need this gospel in your
life. I promise you that it will change your life. it has absolutely changed
mine.
I love you
all buckets and buckets and hope you have the best week evaaaa!!!
con todo
de mi corazon,
hermana
Jess (selvin only knows me by this name now lol)
fotos:
target haulz
galletas!!!!!
we
dressed up as ana and elsa for Halloween hahaha
la
guitarra!!!!
love mi
compaƱera





Comments
Post a Comment