beanskins & toilet augers
¡¡HOLA!! (fun
fact: nobody actually uses the upside down punctuation)
its been a very very crazy week and has gone by speedy
quick!! it's still as rainy as ever here BUT it's getting dark at 4:30 instead
of 3:30 so we're on the uphill climb of winter!!!!! but I'm still loving the
beautiful northwest so I'm a happy camper
small plates:
-found this family that let us right in and we taught the
whole restoration. they were super cute and surprisingly pretty responsive and at
the end they even told us they really liked that we taught life simply. we
talked a lot about what we do as missionaries and how we are living away from
our families for a year and a half and they were so shocked that we are out
here alone. the cute lady even told us that we always have a home at their
house :,)
-hermana Mather shut down a bible bash this week with some
powerful testimony which was awesome. the dude wouldn't let us talk at all and
she finally slammed it down and just told him what she knew and it flipped
everything around. she's so awesome
-knocked many doors and had a good time doing such. we maybe
found some solid people to teach so cross your fingers for us cause we need
some friends
large plates:
-our toilet clogged a few times this week which is always an
adventure. even more embarrassing when we had to call maintenance and our
maintenance man is our same age
-had some Colombian sugar cane drink with string cheese in it
and it wasnt half bad
-WENT TO THE ORIGINAL COSTCO! DREAM COME TRUE
-hermana Powell found a whole bunch of veggie tales at
Goodwill so you already know what's up
-hermana Mather and I figured out we stood next to each other
at a concert up at usu before we even knew we'd be companions. craaazy!!
-uhhhhhhhh apparently I'm possessed??? full story: theres
this dude named Jesus who requested a Book of Mormon a while back and so we've
been trying to get in contact with him. anyways, we finally knock when he's
home and he lets us right in and tells us his life's story of how he had some
voodoo and dark spirits he was involved with and he was a drug dealer so hes
just had a wild life, buuuut a little while ago he said the elders found him
and gave him a book of mormon and the next day, God almost drowned him in a
sprinkler. he slit his arm and smeared his blood all over the book of mormon
the elders gave him to make a pact that his life and his will were now God's
(creepy stuff right). at this point I'm like woah who is this dude and then
says that he can sense when people have dark spirits because their pupils get
big and THEN he looks at me and said "like her. her pupils are so big
right now". awkward. I guess I am possessed but what can ya do 🤷♀️ long story short,
I never want to go back there again. I was highkey freaked haha
-same day that I got told I was possessed, some catholic dude
fought with us for an hour and a half about how "we dont know how to
pray" and wouldn't let us leave until I almost started crying and then he
felt bad. hahahahah
one of the quotes of the week: "I just had a dream that
I was playing frisbee with Jesus and the apostles" -hermana Powell
SO this week I decided to start preparing for next general
conference by taking on President Nelson's challenge. he challenged us all to
read Joseph Smith's account of the first vision in the pearl of great price and
ponder these questions:
•how would my life be different if my knowledge gained from
the Book of Mormon were suddenly taken away?
•how have the events that followed the First Vision made a
difference for me and my loved ones?
it has really helped me begin to see how incredible the
knowledge of the restoration truly is... the fact that we know that God is
still revealing truth to us today and that He still talks to his children is
such a gift. I challenge you all to take this challenge if you have not already
and truly ponder what the restoration means to you.
love love love this gospel and love love love all of you.
hope everybody is doing well and that not all of my friends are getting engaged
QUE DIOS LES BENDIGA CATCH YA ON THE FLIP
con amor,
hermana hess
fotos:
no explanation
costy co!!!!



Comments
Post a Comment