el virus

so its official that the virus has frEaKeD Kirkland out hahaha. people are sometimes a little upset that we dare knock on their door and we even canceled church yesterday and all other large gatherings... that is very tragic for us as missionaries because we look forward to sports night every Friday but now it's gone for a hot sec :,( 

 

anyways, I'm as good as ever. if any of you know me super well, you know I have a monster cough that sounds like I have bronchitis soooooo everytime I have coughed this week, people just give me 'the look', but other than that I'm as clean as ever haha. we are currently bathing in rubbing alcohol so there ain't a chance for el virus to get us

 

small plates:

-taught some solid lessons this week... our friend Salomon has been taught for a hot sec and has been thinking en getting baptized and we had a real good lesson about the plan of salvation and he loved it and even started crying. he also came to a baptism this week and has been progressing a lot, which has been so so awesome. I love watching the gospel change the lives of our friends

-our cutest little friend Julio is also making some good progress... he loves having us come over and just loves everything we teach and wants to come to church so bad but doesnt have a ride which is traaagic. hes such a cute little Mexican man 

-our little miracle Miguel is thriving!! we have taught him a good chunk of the lessons and he is still on date to be baptized on March 21!!!! he is the absolute best and is still keeping every single commitment we give him which is incredible and we have seen so much growth in him and so much change in his life... goodness I have so much love for that man

-we had a really cool little sacrament meeting yesterday with just our zone and our recent convert Andrés and it was a special little experience. we had a really good testimony meeting and Andrés shared his testimony for the first time since being baptized and it was so powerful. I love having experiences like that with the sacrament because it helps you really think about the importance of why we take it and what it can truly do for us.

 

large plates:

-honestly the most entertaining part of the week has been knocking doors and having all the white people answer and most of them saying "why are you at my door havent you heard people are DYING" and then knocking on a Hispanic door and have a completely normal contact because the Mexicans are convinced the virus doesnt affect them lol 

-ate so much spicy food this week and didnt even cry:,) I thought orange chicken was spicy before the mission so this is a large jump from where I was before hahahaha

 

I LOVE YOU ALL! I appreciate all the prayers and thoughts that I have received and I hope you all know that the support and love goes a long way. keep praying that this virus will settle down soon because we gotta keep the work rolling!!!! 

 

LES QUIERO! QUE TENGAN UNA SEMANA MARAVILLOSA!!!!

 

con mucho amor,

hermana gis

 

fotos:

BLOSSOMS

the gals

sunset

my favorite sign in Kirkland

we have a weird obsession with car foils hahaha

 











Comments