esto es eso, jefe

FIRST WEEK!!! and I'm alive!!! we left the CCM at 3 am and flew all day and got to the mission home around 5 and just gotta hang out for a little with the mission president and his wife (who are the absolute cutest... I love them a lot) and then went right over to transfers! there's only 12 Spanish speaking missionaries here total so we'll probably have comps for more than one transfer, but it's fun. I lucked out with the best trainer which has been SO nice! her name is hermana Jackson and shes from Queen Creek Arizona and she is the biggest sweetheart. we have pretty similar personalities and we both have an immense love for sushi and David Archuleta so we get along pretty well :) we're in Enumclaw which is the biggest area in the mission and it's mostly just farmland so there are many cows and not many Latinos, but it's good it makes us work harder hahaha. 

 

spiritual updates:

-my Spanish is sloooooowly progressing but legit the gift of tongues works wonders. it's been very cool to even understand bits and pieces when we're talking about the gospel with people

-AMIGOS! we taught lots of our amigos this week and they're all awesome!! 

Selvin, who is from Honduras, is the cutest lil guy who loves everything we teach him and wants to be baptized so bad. I've had two lessons with him and can already tell that he just loves his savior so much which is awesome!!!

margarita is from Mexico and is so so sweet. she wants to get baptized and has a set date and loves everything we teach, but the only thing holding her back is the fact that we cant get her to come to church sooo were working on that 

Guillermo is a fighter and is the coolest guy ever. he almost went to the Olympics for fighting so hes super super good and speaks ENGLISH (tender mercies) hes in the same situation as margarita because he has fights on sundays so it's hard for him to come, but were praying!!

-we had a cool lil experience where we stopped by an old investigators house named Teresa and she actually let us in and fed us and we ended up staying for like 2 hours and just talking about the gospel and temples/family history with her and her sister in law and they were actually so so interested. her sister in law named Diana was like "hermanas when can you come back so I can learn what I need to do to get married in one of those temples??" they're darling and we hope we can start teaching them soon!!!

-yesterday, after a long day of tracting with 0 luck, we finally were able to find a latino at the very last house we had time for and taught him the restoration and he said he'd like to hear more... God is real and definitely knows how far your limits are and will push you so you can grow. it was a huge testimony builder of how God will bless you if you continue to have faith and push forward, even when you aren't seeing immediate success.

 

random updates:

-hahahahah when we were teaching Teresa and Diana about temples, Diana's 22 year old son dropped a plate and they were like "it's because there's some beautiful sisters here and he's nervous" Diana was very insistent that he should take Hermana Jackson to the mormon temple because she doesnt have a boyfriend and he needs to get married and both him and hermana Jackson were so embarrassed and I was just laughing my head off hahahaha

-cute selvin gave us matching leather bracelets and we all wear them every day

-it's been like 80° and everyone is dying because they think it's so hot and I'm just sitting back and chillaxing because this is nada compared to Utah hahaha

-we got freaking toasted by a latino Catholic in a trailer park who talked for 1.5 hours about how his church has been around for 2000 years and ours has only been here for 200 and of course I have the blessed gift of only understanding conversations and not so much the gift of actually speaking so we looked a little dumb because neither of us could say much. but hey it's okay he accepted a BOM and it was a good learning experience sooo onward and upward 

-the biggest thing I've learned this week: white people are MEAN. literally the Latinos are so nice and kind and it's always the freaking Americans that slam the doors hahaha. I'm so glad I'm not an English speaking missionary because I get to work with THE best people. 

 

I don't have a ton of other updates, but I'm so grateful for the work! it's been a long first week, but I already have so much love for washington and the people here... being a missionary is such a blessing and I am so grateful that chance I have to be a representative of Christ. this church is such a blessing and I LOVE it!!! 

 

scripture of the week: 

2 Nephi 31:20 

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

 

keep your heads up and keep pressing forward! perseverar hasta el fin! 

 

les quiero!

 

hermana Huff

 

fotos: 

1. peacin out!

2. nice farmland

3. my cute comp and our spiritually swol analogy





Comments