fake-it-o til you make-it-o

¡¡¡HOLA AMIGOS Y FAMILIA!!! 

I'm alive and well! (Well sort of hahaha) la CCM es muy bonita y tambien un poco loco hahahaha. It's been such an amazing and crazy week, but I have absolutely loved it!! Everyone told me that the first week was going to be the hardest week of my life, but honestly it wasn't all that bad so that's good! I think I only cried once which is a new MTC record according to many. The language es MUY deficil, but that comes with time. (Also pardon my spanglish... i can't speak English or Spanish anymore lol) It's been absolutely amazing to see the gift of tongues in action already in my first week... even though I can barely speak any español, i can almost understand what people are saying and I've already been able to memorize the first vision, the baptismal invitation, the missionary purpose, and Moroni 10:5 which is incredible because that was all within the first week, so I can only imagine how much I'll learn in six weeks. So so crazy. 

But holy cow I LOVE being a missionary. I have never felt the spirit stronger than when I'm literally just walking with my companion. 

Mí compañera es Hermana Powell from Mapleton and she's the bomb diggity. She has been to Mexico a whole bunch so her Spanish es perfecto and it has been so nice because she has taught me so so much. My district is SO FUN and it's been fun because I knew two people before... Hermana Morgan Lyman from USU and Elder Konner Larsen from BHS so it's been a party. Were all going stateside so were living the cushy life according to everyone else, but were all excited. 3 of us are going to Seattle, two to Orlando, 2 to Lubbock, 2 to Portland and 1 to Layton! I feel so bad for our teachers because we mess around a lot, but we've also had some incredible moments together. 

We got to listen to elder Holland in a devo for all of the MTC and it was incredible. I sometimes accidentally fall asleep during devotionals but I was wide awake which tells you it was awesome. We also got to watch the Joseph Smith movie on Tuesday and I definitely cried the whole time. 10/10 recommend watching that before you serve a mission. 

Some highlights y funny things: 

-our sweet afternoon teacher came to the first day of class with really tight pants and when he bent down, he ripped his pants right up the seam hahahahaha. We felt so bad because he is the quietest person and we all laughed so hard but I can only imagine how awful that was for him hahaha. 

-it rains here every day and one day i saw the longest worm and lost my mind. It was like a foot long and I was freaking out til my comp pointed out it was a shoelace. Lol 

-i went to the infermaria for some allergy medicine and they took all my vitals and had no idea what to do because no one here speaks English Haha 

-some elders that we made friends with left this week and they were so freaking funny. They convinced all the elders in my district that they were going to Tokyo Japan speaking Spanish and our elders thought it was the coolest thing. I choked on my cereal yesterday because they started telling someone else about it hahahahahah. We are going to try and convince them that you aren't supposed to flush toilet paper here or that we all got dear johned on the same day or something mean like that because they're literally so gullible. 

-we heard someone say 'tengo bien dias' which means I have good day so now we say it all the time and all the Latinos think we're idiots hahahaha

-there are parrots EVERYWHERE and they are so loud. they´re pretty but they drive us all crazy lol

-the most frequent advice i got the first week was not to eat the red chicken. Apparently it's not chicken. No one knows what it is, but we only know that it's the best way on this side of the Mississippi to completely clean your system out, so if you're going in for a colonoscopy anytime soon, come on down and get some good ol red chicken!

 

I LOVE this gospel and I LOVE being a missionary. Literally nothing is better than focusing on the gospel and I have absolutely loved this past week and a half. The days have already started to fly by so I know I'll be out of here before I know it.

 

I love all of you! Plz send me emails because i love hearing from all my fans hehe 

 

con amor,

Hermana Ess (they don't pronounce the H here so this is permanently my name now) 














Comments