FORTNITE

HOOOLA! this has been a wild wild week here in Enumclaw Washington!


small plates: 

-exchanges! I went on exchanges with Hermana Sanchez who is the only native Spanish speaker in the mission so that was awesome! shes such a sweetheart and we're a lot alike so we had a grand ol time too! we went and visited a friend whose husband recently died and we were able to just bear testimony and sing for her and the spirit was incredible. shes been taught for years and years and actually started attending a different church, but I know shell never forget that moment with the missionaries. 

-felt a random prompting to go walk main street in town, and ran into someone that we had found a few weeks ago. craaazy how that works sometimes

-we had a 2 hour lesson with our sweet Selvin and talked about faith and taking steps of faith. he seemed to understand everything and we talked about how he's sitting right outside the door of baptism and how that's the next step of faith and then at the end of the lesson he was like "tomorrow is Saturday right? can I get baptized tomorrow?" he either wants to wait 2 months or get baptized the next day there is no in between hahaha but HEY we're excited!!!

-uh CONFERENCE! conference was INCREDIBLE! I went into conference with a few questions that i wanted to think about, and during the first session, every single talk answered a point of my question. every. single. talk. I have never had an experience quite like that with conference so I am just incredibly grateful that we can receive personal revelation and that we are able to receive guidance in our lives through listening to the words of the prophet and apostles.


large plates:

-GOTTA FACETIME IN FOR LOLO AND MASON'S WEDDING! I am so so grateful for technology because I gotta call in to see the ceremony and talk to my sister on her wedding day which was a maaajor blessing. cried like a baby because she looked beautiful and it was so special. and WOO HOO I have a brother in law now!!! stoked to have Mason in the fam bam!!! 

-learned how to make arroz con leche which is our favorite Hispanic dessert. I'm one step closer to my dream of becoming a Latina 

-had some man yell at us through his fancy doorbell to vacate his property. white people 🙄

-hermana Jackson tried to make a hard boiled egg in the microwave and it exploded all over the kitchen so our apartment will forever smell like egg hahaha

-in between Saturday sessions, we went down to the music store on main street and cleaned and tuned guitars (aka played with all the beautiful guitars for 2 hours). I was a happy camper

-accidentally locked our car keys and apartment keys in our apartment between sessions and so we had to have the elders come break into our apartment. 7 different gift cards, 2 Bobby pins, and 3 sets of Elders later, we made it into the apartment safe and sound 

-BUILT A FORT!!!!!! put lights and our mattresses inside and then had a sleepover hehehe we are children 


I could write so so much about conference, but I will save you the scrolling so I'll just share some of my favorite thoughts :) 

Elder Renlunds talk was incredible. we need to be throwing our past traditions into a roaring waterfall rather than a calm or shallow body of water in order to become truly converted. 

Elder Uchtdorf never ceases to amaze. his talk was so freaking good and I dont think i stopped smiling the whole time. we're on the most incredible adventure and we need to remember that and be sharing our journey with all those around us!

Elder Budge's talk was so so good. the story of the brother of jared is one of my favorites in the book of mormon so I absolutely loved all of his thoughts surrounding that. "the monster waves always break upon us, but through faith in jesus christ, we too can have continual light whether under the water or over the water"


I loved the continuing themes of joy, covenant making and keeping, and the first and second great commandment. I'm pretty sure every talk included at least one of those and it was just such a great focus. conference is the beeeeeest


sorry for the sort of sporadic email!!! my thoughts are all over the place most of the time and I've given up on trying to make them flow smoothly hahahaha 


LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! WISH I COULD GIVE YA ALL A BIG HUG!!!! 


con amor, 

hermana hess


beautiful Washington

egg explosion

beautiful companion

fort hehe

apartment lock out lol

 









Comments