"I cant believe I forgot which province shawn mendes is from!!!!"
HOLAAAAAAAA!! it's been such a fun week!!! also THANK YOU FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES! i am so very very blessed to have you all in my life :,)
small plates:
-we were out drawing on the sidewalk with chalk and some guy kept walking by and looking at what we were drawing so we started chatting with him and
found out that he's actually really interested in having us come over and teach him more about God. he keeps calling us to see when we can come teach him soooo that's pretty awesome
-taught another lesson with the eldren and it was so so good... we talked to their friend lashawnta about prophets and priesthood and shared a lot of things that really invited the spirit, and when we invited her to be baptized, i knew she was feeling the spirit because she teared up a little bit. she is going to pray about it, but she is so prepared and so ready. it's been a ton of fun to be able to teach with our elders and help lashawnta feel more of god's love for her
-a member that i got really close to in my last area who is extremely inactive (anytime you bring up religion he'll leave the room) told me that he is taking the lessons from the hermanas because my testimony really touched his heart when i was serving in Kent... definitely cried after that one. such a sweet miracle
large plates:
-found out that our branch president was the lead guitarist in a band in his 20's and he played some ACDC for us. it was fantastic
-my zone spoiled me for my birthday... both sets of sisters brought me lots of candy and came and decorated our hotel door and the back of our car and all of the elders sang to me at district council. i love all my missionary bffs.
-our car died again... hard times with the RAV4
-accidentally drove through downtown again. this time we went past the Seahawks stadium hahaha
-entertained the elders with bubble wands for the whole 2 hours that we were at drive through prayers while they practiced all of their karate moves. i often forget that they are literally teenage boys
-knocked this woman's door and instead of us telling her about what we were doing, she dragged us in to try and sell us stick on nail polish and mary kay stuff. I now have bright pink glitter nails
-2 elders who go home in 3 weeks decided to run a marathon this morning just cause. so we woke up early to go support because we are too nice
pensamiento espiritual:
I've been studying a lot about the atonement as of late because you can never study it enough, and I came across this quote this week that I looooved
“If there are some of you who have been tricked into the conviction that you have gone too far, … that you have had the poison of sin which makes it impossible ever again to be what you could have been—then hear me.
“I bear testimony that you cannot sink farther than the light and sweeping intelligence of Jesus Christ can reach. I bear testimony that as long as there is one spark of the will to repent and to reach, he is there. He did not just descend to your condition; he descended below it, ‘that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth.’ [Doctrine and Covenants 88:6.]”
Jesus Christ descended below all things in order to lift us back up again. you are never too far from His reach. He loves you. I'm so grateful for the atonement in my life and for all of the beautiful blessings that I recieve from it. I'm far from perfect, but through the atonement, I know that I am able to continually work towards being more like Christ every day and I am so grateful for that.
this gospel is AWESOME and I'm so glad that I get to be a part of it in my own small little way here in Seattle :) LOVE U ALL SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
con mucho amor,
hermana hessie
fotos:
my favorite members from Kent came to visit me for birthday :,)
playa
no caption
birthday banner
lol
I got to see my cute lil recent convert for the first time since March
3/4 of them dont know what this even means
marathon running elders
dreadlocks










Comments
Post a Comment