i got kissed this week lol
HOLA!! first off, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE
BIRTHDAY WISHES! literally I cried like 1.7 thousand times yesterday because I
feel so loved. I'm the luckiest gal in the whole world and I love you all a lot
:')
this
week's been a little up and down, but hey it's still important to enjoy the
rollercoaster so it's okay!! also i realized i hit 2 months out on the mish and
I peed my pants a little bit. time goes too fast.
spiritual
updates:
-we
finally met a potential whose 9 year old daughter has been super interested and
we've visited her a few times. we were so stoked to meet him and he was super
excited to meet us too!!! it had been the hardest day and we had just come from
an appointment where the dad pretty much yelled at us to leave their family
alone and that they were sick of missionaries, so finding Javier was definitely
a miracle. he is the nicest guy and asked US when we could meet again (like
what? that never happens) We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he'd start
reading right away so we'd have something to talk about soooo everyone please
pray that we have the opportunity to keep teaching him because hes
golden.
-we
talked with 10 LATINOS IN ONE DAY! literally finding hispanos aqui is like
finding freaking needles in a haystack so the fact we found 10 in one day was a
miracle within itself
-one of
our sweet members has been talking with a friend about the church and shes
super duper interested. we met the friend when we were having lunch with the
member and she was asking us when we could come over and start meeting with her
and we were blown away. turns out, weve met her 13 year old daughter before
sooooo coincidence? I think NOT. the gospel is true
-also
found a lady named Lucila this week who's been found like 5 times by different
missionaries and the fact we randomly ran into her is also not a
coincidence.
-ZONE
FRIGGIN CONFERENCE!!!!! literally this mission is so awesome. we have the best
president in the whole world but it's no biggy. it was so uplifting and
powerful and just made me so excited to be a missionary.
-my
Spanish be takin off!!!!!!! I'm understanding like everything!!!!!!!!!! WOO
HOO
fun
updates:
-some 60
year old dude was hitting on us the whole time we were teaching his buddy. this
happens too often sadly haha
-played
ball with the boyz aka the elders twice this week which is always fun
-we had a
free car wash and it was SO FUN. we cleaned like 10 cars but honestly there was
more water and soap on us because elder budd and I got in a large water fight
and so we were both just soaked haha. whatta hoot
-we had a
fun ward activity on Saturday and so my comp and I just gotta chillax for a
bit. some members in our ward live right on lake Sawyer so we just had a little
barbeque and talked and relaxed and it was fantastic.
-we
literally taught some lady every lesson (including word of wisdom, law of
chastity, temples, and even polygamy haha) in 1 hour and she was telling us how
she was a drug dealer and went to jail and kept asking us about our past
transgressions which was wild.
-finally,
the subject line story. we were talking with these 5 dudes in their mid
twenties and they were all somewhat interested, but one of them kept flirting
with us and kept saying things to his buddy that we only somewhat understood,
but were not very missionary appropriate and so I was already feeling hecka
awkward, but then when we were leaving we went and shook all their hands and
the flirty one had a STRONG GRIP and pulled me in before i knew what was was
happening and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. not just a customary kiss like
the women do when they hug, but a full on kiss on the cheek. I haven't even
been in close proximity of any males in 2 months soooo definitely got freaked
out for a sec haha good times
funny
moments with selvin this week:
-came to
the door with his hair down (it's usually in a man bun) and a string tied
around his head like a headband and said 'look I look like a lamanite or a
disciple of christ!'
-gave him
a liahona and he felt like he needed to give us a magazine too so he went and
got us a tabloid hahaha. good thing too because I've been needing to keep up on
all the gossip (Miley and Liam split up????)
-texts us
like everyday about how he loves the book of mormon and the gospel. such a
sweetie.
literally
had the best birthday EVER! I woke up to my sweet comp making me breakfast,
opened some presents from my family, and then we gotta go to church which was
so so nice. a sister had brought me a rose and candy and her daughter wrote me
a sweet note and everyone was wishing me happy birthday the whole meeting...
these members are amazing. came home after finding to 10 members on my doorstep
with a cake and I cried a lil because I do not deserve them at all. we ended
the day with a bang by making 2 different kinds of cookies and watching the
testaments movie which was so fantastic.
crap I
ate yesterday: biscuits, candy, oreos, chocolate bar, reese's puffs, more
chocolate, cake, arroz con leche, no bake cookies, chocolate chip cookies, ice
cream, and cheesecake. needless to say i almost died yesterday thanks to a
sugar coma
scripture
of the week:
mosiah
5:8
8 And
under this head ye are made free, and there is no other head whereby ye can be
made free. There is no other name given whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that ye should take upon you the name of Christ, all you
that have entered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedient unto
the end of your lives
what does
is mean to take his name upon us? 'take' is an action word... likewise, it
requires ACTION! 'it means taking his teachings, characteristics and his love
into our beings so they become part of who we are'. we do this through the
sacrament, but also by standing as a witness at all times and in all places.
take also means to align with a cause. we need to advocate his cause. we need
to be His hands on the earth!
I love
you all! thank you thank you for all the emails! please pray that we can find
some hispanos to teach!
the
church is true, the book is blue!!!!
hermana
hess
fotos:
"do
the chickens have large talons"
RAIN!
found
this bad boy at a garage sale
our
little lamanite selvin
our nice
gift from selvin
freaking
beautiful lakeside property
evening
after the birthday celebrations
our
little cookie fiesta hahah
selvin
with elder budd and stilson









Comments
Post a Comment