“I wear kilts cause there’s more breathing room”
HEY Y'ALL MERRY
CHRISTMAS!!!! this week has literally been the biggest rollercoaster eveEeR but
it's been awesome freaking sauce. Christmas is right around the corner and I
hope you've all been spreading all of the Christmas joy this season cause it's
just the best time of the year
small plates:
-i'm gonna let y'all in on a little secret: this week lowkey
was the worst week of the mission, sooo my testimony has definitely been
strengthened because that's what trials can do for ya if you let them. hermana
Hampton and I both hit rock bottom this week which was really hard, but
honestly we have discovered the real reason why we are here and missions and
truly what our testimonies mean to us. I have learned more and more how to put
my trust in God and let him lead me where I need to go, and I have felt His
strength flow through me. prayer is so meaningful to me now and I have truly
discovered my true testimony, and it is thanks to these sucky trials that I
have to go through. it all is making me the me that God needs me to be. hermana
hess doesnt even know who kenzi hess is anymore anyways
-we had a beautiful mission wide Christmas program and it was
awesooome. so many talented missionaries shared their talents and literally it
was like Americas got talent everyone is so awesome here. I even got to sing
'let there be peace on earth' VERY last minute (like we threw it together 10
min before the program) and apparently I am the only missionary who has ever
heard that song before ?? what is my generation coming to, I know I know.
-went out with our favorite member named Grandpa and a dude
who dressed up like santa to visit less actives and non members and it was
awesome. I got to testify about the true meaning of Christmas and who jesus
christ is to me in so many homes and the spirit was always so strong... I love
Christmas
-ALRIGHTY MIRACLE OF THE CENTURY BUCKLE UP!!!!! if you've
made it this far lucky you!!!!!! and its gonna be long but holy cow is it
good!!!!!!!
okay. first off, God knows us. he knows when we are having a
sucky week and that hes gonna help us out by giving us tender mercies. so, we
had a goal to get 500 non members to church for the special Christmas Sunday as
a mission soooooo hermana hess woke up yesterday and spent 2 hours and texted
every single person in our area book (408 people) to invite them to church. an
hour and a half in, I started talking to hermana Hampton saying like
"somebody is gonna get this text and they're gonna be sitting on their
couch not knowing where to go but this text will just answer their question. I
have faith that this is purpose behind this madness and SOMEBODY is gonna come
to church". we get to church and a random family shows up. a dad and his 3
beautiful children. I was talking with someone else, but my comp starts talking
with them and finds out they were sitting on their couch this morning wanting
to go to church somewhere, but they didnt know where, and then they recieved
our text.
we got another family of 7 to church that have been
previously taught, and another man who is genuinely wanting to be baptized to
church for a grand total of 12. 12 people in one week. I think all the members
think I'm insane because I definitely started breakdancing in the kitchen today
after church because I have never been so happy in my entire life
God knows his children. i know that to be true.
large plates:
-okay so there's this dude in the English ward that we call
the kilt man. he dressed up as our santa to visit people with us and literally
I havent laughed so hard in so long because this dude is just weirder than
weird hahahahahahahah. I mean he wears a kilt all the time because its more
"breezy" so like ... but here's one funny story of many. we are in
this house talking about how christ blessed the children when he came to the
Americas and santa is just chilling in the corner and looks over at a small child
and pulls a Rafiki from lion king and just puts his finger on the kids forehead
and goes "bless" and the kid was just like who is this dude. I
literally think I almost peed my pants hermana Hampton and I were laughing so
hard lol
-fun story: I get stressed out about how much food we have
because I feel like we gotta eat it before it goes bad. I definitely laid on
the floor for a half hour because a member brought us 15 various slices of
cheesecake
-taught everyone up here about M.A.S.H. apparently this is
just a Utah thing???
-i sang 3 TIMES in our Christmas program yesterday. one of
those times, I literally stood up on the stand and sight read a song I have
never even heard before because the girls singing didnt want to sing alone.
grateful for all my years of choir to prepare me for that moment right there
hahahaha freaking heck
okay so here's the deal. Christmas is so awesome, but this
season has changed my view on my savior. Jesus Christ is my brother and savior,
but also my best friend. he knows exactly what it feels like to be hermana hess
and I am incredibly grateful for him and all he has done for me.
it hit me the other day that Christmas is right around the
corner, but it honestly doesn't even feel like Christmas whatsoever... why? I
realized it doesnt feel any different because as a missionary, I have the
spirit of Christmas or the spirit of Jesus Christ all year round because he is
always at the forefront of my mind. isn't that how it should be? sure Christmas
is an awesome season, but let's just get rid of the idea of a 'season' and make
it year round.
I invite you all to truly build a relationship with Christ.
who is he to you? why is his birth significant this season? if he truly is
important to you, how are you going to remember him always? after all, this is
our covenant we make at baptism, to ALWAYS remember him, not just as soon as
December 1st hits (or November 1 if you're one of those weirdos who listens to
Christmas music before Thanksgiving)
hey, I love you all a lot... i hope you know that and i hope
you know that i truly love being a missionary. i have never been happier in my
whole life because I am coming to realize how incredible this gospel is. I love
representing my savior and I love the testimony I am gaining of the reality of
his matchless life and great atoning sacrifice.
have a fantastic Christmas and super duper new years. don't
forget to read your scriptures and give hugs to your loved ones
con amor,
hermana hess
fotos:
mis queridas hermanitas
straight goofin
no
caption hahaha



Comments
Post a Comment