‘My bowels, my bowels, wherefore art thou?’
Hola!!!!!! This week has been AWESOME! This is week five so I'm practically fluent in español (this is a phat lie hahaha) but it's been so fun to have been here for a long time because everyone just assumes we hold way more authority than them and it makes it way more fun to mess with the puntos blancos (new missionaries) bahahaha good times. But today marks ONE MONTH! LOCO! it doesnt feel like a month at all!
Quick
updates-
Random/exciting:
-we
taught the Latinos how to say WASSUUUUUP and they say it everytime they see us
hahah
-my comp
and I perfected our British Spanish
-I HAD
THE COOLEST LANGUAGE EXPERIENCE EVER! There are the cutest hermanas here from
Haiti that only speak creole and french and we invited them to come play soccer
with us and the Latina hermanas and it was a freaking blast. None of us could
understand each other because we had 3 languages going on but it was so fun and
pure
-all the
Haitians are obsessed with Hermana Lyman so it's been a fun week trying to
avoid them because they are always trying to get her to write in their journals
hahahah
-i had to
give a talk in church and it was wild. I got so nervous and couldn't pronounce
anything correctly so whoops sorry to everyone who tried to understand me
-i
thought I was understanding the language until a new teacher who was our
investigator told us that her 7 year old brother had died and I did not
understand he had died so I said 'oh que divertido!' Or 'what fun!' Yeah I hate
myself hahahah
-one of
my teachers PROPOSED to his wife on their FIRST DATE AND HE HADNT EVEN KISSED
HER YET. I guess when you know you know hahahaha
-elder
Larsen learned how to roll his r's!!!!!!!
-the
language is still coming which is AWESOME!!!
Spiritual:
This week
has been a spiritual high holy cow... the hermanas fasted on Friday for our
missions and various other personal things and we said a prayer to start our
fast and ended up missing a class because we spent 2 hours praying and bearing
testimony and the veil was SO THIN. It was absolutely incredible.
Last
night, my comp and i ended up just having 2 hours with our teacher and one set
of elders from our district and we had a super powerful little testimony
meeting... he told us about his English teacher that said she would always be
there to help him and she ended up passing away, but she can still feel her
there and so i shared D&C 84:88 which made us all cry a lil bit.
Experiences like this make the mish that much better
Favorite
scripture of the week- Alma 40:11-12. It talks about life after death and how
we'll be 'taken home' to a state of rest and I think I cried exactly 45 times
about it because it's super powerful and comforting. 12/10 reccomend
I love
you all!!! I love being a missionary!!!!! Literally this gospel is the best
thing EVER and I'm so excited to get out in the field and share it with as many
people as I can!!!!
Con amor,
Hermana
Yes
Pics:
1- squad
2- nice
lil terrential downpour
3- my
cute comp and our favorite bus



Comments
Post a Comment