“My spirit’s warm like a thick blanket”
heyO!!! this week has been the longest but most
awesome week ever!!! also hit 3 MONTHS THIS WEEK! uh CRAZY! time flies too fast
out here
small
plates: literally had some of the most incredible spiritual
experiences this week.
-last
pday we were trying to figure out where to go at 8 because we still had an hour
or so, but it was super dark so it's just an awkward amount of time. we were
going through our area book and found a name that was definitely not Hispanic,
but for some reason I was getting a crazy strong prompting to go visit, so we
did. little did we know, this lady was a less active who was baptized in the
70's and she just found out that her husband has cancer. she was blown away
that we just decided to visit her randomly and kept telling us that she was so
glad we came and I was able to share a little bit about how my mom has cancer
and how it's not easy to watch someone you love go through that, but that God
always always gives the needed comfort to carry on. I bore my testimony and we
cried on her porch and the spirit was incredible. I really bonded that night
with this woman and I absolutely know that God places these people in our path
for a reason.
-had the
most incredible lesson with our friend Jenny. she just moved her and speaks 0
English so she was already glad to have someone to talk to, but she is just
incredibly prepared to learn the gospel. we taught the restoration and she
loved it, and then when we gave her a book of mormon, she just held it and
looked through it and then looked up with tears in her eyes and that was when
it hit me that this is why I'm here. this is why I'm sacrificing 18 months
because I can literally see the JOY this gospel brings and I cannot even
express my gratitude for this opportunity to be here
-we had a
finding day and me and one of the English sisters found this most amazing guy.
we just started talking with him about his beliefs and all that and then he
opened up a little more and told us that his buddy actually died last week from
cancer and started crying right there on the porch. sooo of course I start
crying too because I'm a sympathetic crier and because cancer sucks, but I
shared Alma 40:11-12 and told him his friend is okay and he's not in pain
anymore. i also got to connect with him over the whole cancer deal and we just
cried and cried. literally so sad that he doesnt speak Spanish because I want
to teach him SO BAD, but sadly he is in the elders area. he is
incredible.
large
plates:
-we ran
over a nail this week and popped our tire. whoops
-i got a
real bad head cold and died the whole week but all is well now
-we had
to go to the mission office in Seattle this week and we got to go to CAFE RIO.
I cried a little over my delicious chicken tacos. also had half of our meal
paid for by one of the employees which was a blessing and a half. we also gotta
go to Red Robin after the temple and I had some delicious American food which
was fantastic
-had our
groceries paid for by some random man aka one of the 3 nephites
-taught
the whole restoration to the nicest family and they liked it all until they
realized we were 'mormons' and then were like "oh you aren't Christians
we're not interested anymore" lol folks we literally have the name of
Christ right across our nametags
-we had a
combined fiesta with all the Spanish branches in the area and had a BLAST! we
had so much food and I started learning how to dance like a Latina sooooo
that's a win. we also brought cookies and they accidentally fell on the ground
of our car for the whole car ride buuuut we didnt want to waste them so we just
threw them back on the plate and called it good. I only felt guilty after they
were completely gone at the end of the night but oh well hahaha
-theres a
Japanese family in our branch that gave us dinner so I got to have a
traditional Japanese meal for the first time in a few months which was SO
GOOOOD. highlight of the week man
highlight
of the week/month/transfer: WE GOTTA GO TO THE TEMPLE TODAY!!! and it was
INCREDIBLE!!!! I have missed being able to go more frequently, so I definitely
appreciated this trip so so much. to everyone back home, if you have the
opportunity to go to the temple, TAKE IT! the temple can give incredible
strength and comfort and I can truly testify that nothing will bring greater
joy because the temple is the closest you can get to heaven. sitting in the
celestial room today, I just felt homesick for heaven because the spirit was
strong and the veil was thin.
I love
this gospel and I love being a missionary and I love all of you! have such an
amazing week!!!
con
amor,
hermana
hess
fotos:
-we found
some 4XL shirts at the thrift store so of course we got grandma earrings to
match and took pictures
-rainbow!
-the
freaking seahawk fans here paint their houses blue and lime green
-flat
tire ;(
-CAFE RIO
-MEXICAN
FIESTA
-TEMPLE
-my
lovely stray cat friend










Comments
Post a Comment