oooooh we're halfway there

¡¡¡¡Hola familia y amigos!!!! I hit HALFWAY this week. absolutely insane. It doesnt not feel like its been a full three weeks cause time flies when you're having fun amiright? In a week from today I'll have been out a month so that's pretty crazy

 

Spiritual updates: 

• we taught real people this week!!! We taught a set of siblings that were 11 & 12 and a 17 year old girl about the comfort the atonement brings into our lives. Luckily they were all members but it was still terrifying cause they were real people with real Spanish hahaha, but it was super cool and super special. 

• a quote from hermana Janke: "these 6 weeks in the MTC are our 5 loaves and 2 fishes and christ will multiply your efforts in the field"

• we watched a talk titled "the character of christ" by elder bednar which was INCREDIBLE. I love that guy. He talked about how we can overcome the natural man and turn outwards instead of inwards and how we can be blessed through our faith. 

• el presidente presidente presidente (president of all the MTCs in the world) spoke to us!! He is the coolest guy and gave the best devotional we've had hands down. He shared multiple stories with side by side comparison photos of missionaries who were changed through missionary work and how if we "forget ourselves and go to work" got will begin to mold us into who we're supposed to be. It was incredible. 

 

Fun/random/weird/fantastico Spanish moments:

• we taught our teachers to say 'what's up dude' and 'howdy y'all yuh fancy a rootin tootin good time?' in American accents and we haven't laughed that hard in a while hahaha

• we did an English fast on Friday and my brain actually wanted to die Haha. It was good cause I didn't even realize how much i knew and I was able to say a tooon more than I thought I'd be able to so go team!!!

• our district accidentally says really really inappropriate things all the time and our poor teacher always just has to leave the room hahahaha we're awful and he probably thinks Americans are all wacko 

• we had splits with the latino district so I got to be in a trio with a Latina hermana y hermana Lyman for a day!!! Hermana Leon is from Peru, but she surprisingly speaks pretty fluently in English so we had a blast together because we could understand mostly everything. Funny story, we were going through pictures and SHE RECOGNIZED A PICTURE OF ONE VOICE. she knew about the choir all the way in Peru and she said she was a huge fan and knew all of our songs!! So woo hoo shout out to one voice children's choir for making it all the way to south America!!! It's a small world after all hahah 

• so I've lowkey stopped eating the food here because around week 3, everyone's digestive tracks stop working and no one knows why. My tummy is not happy with the food, but I've been very lucky because I havent thrown up yet so I'm looking at the bright side of things

• i made a halfcourt backwards granny this week and the gym went wild. Call me Lebron James 

 

HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK: I gotta go to the temple today!!! i only understood a little, but it was so so nice to be able to just sit and feel the spirit. it was also super nice to leave the campus because we have been a little cooped up in here haha

 

I love you all and i appreciate all of the support and love!!! 

con amor, 

hermana ese

 

fotos:

bye bye miss American pie aka Hermana Hansen

*angel chorus sings*

this is not a moth it's a freaking BIRD. So glad I'm coming back to the states hahah

the trouble trio







Comments