que pasa calabaza
hey hey hey!!
this week's been a goodie!! I'm just realizing I have a lot more updates on the
spiritual end, but hey that is such a good thing because that means I'm
hopefully becoming a better missionary hahaha
small plates:
-MISSION TOUR! elder Pearson from the 70 came to our mission
and it was awesome!!! we spent the entire day on Tuesday just learning so much
from him and it was honestly incredible. he told us exactly what to do in order
to be the mission we need to be and he really focused on effort and obedience,
so we've definitely been applying that in many different ways
-some dude at the Mexican grocery store recognized us and
said "hey weren't you the ladies who knocked on my door a few days
ago?" so yeah that was crazy that we ran into someone that we had just
tracted into days before. coincidence? I think NOT
-made 2 new friends this week who are awesome sauce!!! the
elders gave us this woman named Teresa who literally is already ready to be
baptized. she loves everything and she loves church and the members and they
all love her soooo we're crazy excited for her. our other friend is named
Clarece and shes just as prepared. she was taught by the missionaries before
but left the country for a bit, but when we went back she was ready to pick up
right where they left so that's muy bueno :,)
-MIRACLE OF THE WEEK (BUCKLE UP): so. theres this crazy nice
neighborhood that is in the middle of nowhere that we found a Hispanic family
in, so we decided to go this week. we end up getting lost looking for this
family's house because I kid you not their address didnt exist. their address
was number 18 but it went from 16 straight to 20 like this house was not
wanting to be found (straight up out of Harry Potter or something) so we wandered
for an hour looking for them. hermana Hampton felt prompted to knock on a house
right before we were gonna get in the car, and so we knocked and talked with a
guy for like 30 sec before he closed the door and so both of us were stumped,
but we decided to keep looking and we FOUND IT. they opened the door, let us
right in, connected fast, and then they accepted a book of mormon. It was an
incredible experience giving this woman a copy because she started flipping
though it immediately and I could feel the spirit piercing her when I bore
testimony because she wouldn't break eye contact... like one of the most
powerful testimony bearing experiences I've had here. they told us that they
had just barely walked in the door from work, so if we hadnt gotten lost, they
wouldn't have been home. if we hadnt knocked on that door for 30 seconds, we
probably would've just missed them. God works in mysterious ways folks, but the
man knows what He is doing. pray pray pray that Alberto and Nayeli
read!!!!!
large plates:
-took some bomb Christmas photos for a Christmas card sooooo
hit me up if you want the Christmas card of a century
-had a branch salmon bbq and you already know I was all over
that. I love salmon almost as much as the gospel sooooo it was a good night.
-chased after a Hispanic man at the grocery store because
everyone needs the gospel
spiritual thought of the week: if you havent seen the new
christ child video, go watch it. if you've already seen it, go watch it again.
a few days ago, hermana Hampton and I put aside 20 minutes of our dinner time
to drive to the church so we would have no distractions and truly enjoy it, and
both of us just had tears streaming down our cheeks by the end. my invitation
to you all this Christmas season is to never let a day go by without
remembering our Savior and all He has done for us; we can remember Him by
living like Him so whatever that means to you, I would invite you to ponder how
you can become more like our Savior. the world needs more Christ and after all that's
the meaning of Christmas.
love you all so much. I'm so grateful for all of the
wonderful blessings and people I have in my life and I hope you all have a fan
freaking tastic Thanksgiving!! eat some pie for me!!!!!
con amor,
hermanita hess
fotos:
matching onesies hehe
tacos!!!!!!
portraits
sneak peak of the Christmas card
onesies p2





Comments
Post a Comment