Que pasta??
HOWDY! I'm still in ye old CCM and
I'm still doing well!!
It's been
such a hard and wonderful week and I have grown a TON. At the beginning of this
week, I could barely say anything in Spanish and when my companion and I would
teach i wouldn't be able to say anything more than a rough testimony, but
yesterday I was actually able to say as much as my companion in our lesson
which is a miracle. I'm able to mostly understand all that is said and I can
sort of reply back so woo the gift of tongues is comin!
Divine intervention is crazy real... there were a few times this week that I was really struggling, but every single time afterwards we would have a lesson or a testimony meeting where I would hear a scripture or a thought that was exactly what I needed to hear. It's amazing just how God knows exactly how to send comfort. A way cool section is D&C 122: 7-9 which says:
7 And if
thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the
sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the
billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if
the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way;
and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after
thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and
shall be for thy good.
8 The Son
of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.
I've never had a passage of scripture hit so hard... Hermana Janke in my district shared this scripture the day after I had a lil existential crisis with the language and it was so so powerful... I definitely just immediately started sobbing after she shared it because the spirit was so strong. The gospel is true and it is absolutely beautiful.
Hahaha we
have a lot of fun in our district. We play volleyball every day and just mess
around and have a ton of fun, but we also have awesome testimony meetings and
I've definitely had my testimony strengthened through the amazing people in my
district. I convinced the Elders this week that they have red bulls in the
tienda but theyre in the back room so you have to ask the manager and give a
code word and they'll get you one. Lol they definitely fell for it and the
manager was so confused and laughed really hard hahaha gotta love all the
prunks. On Wednesday, Elder Karchner tried to break an apple at breakfast and
it sort of exploded and half hit elder Larsen in the face and half hit my
companions orange juice and knocked it all over her. It was so funny but she
was not amused hahahah
Also, I
found out this week that it's not against the rules to take a nap if you have
the time and you bet I cried and then immediately scheduled a time for un poco
siesta. Tender mercies man
Soooooo I
accidentally swore like a million times this week because my Spanish teacher in
high school taught us the wrong word for stupid and its apparently a very bad
word here sooo I got in trouble a lot until someone finally told me. RIP. It's
also inappropriate to call people a noodle. Who knew. I keep accidentally
breaking the rules because I high five the elders and call everyone dude. It's
been a little bit of a hard transition lol
We hear
loud booms all the time and one of our teachers said that its trucks backfiring
and the other one said that its fireworks but all the Latinos are straight up
with us and they said they're gunshots sooo it's quite nice to be in this
little piece of heaven with tall fences hahaha
It's been a pretty fantastic week!! I love being a missionary so much and I loooove wearing my tag. I have accidentally slept in it like 6 or 7 times haha but being a missionary is da bomb.com. I love love love this gospel!!
con
amor,
Hermana Gis (Chalk)















Comments
Post a Comment