Sehaws go!
heeeeyo que
pasta?? it's been a gooood week here in Kirkland!! many many miracles
uh also the superbowl was yesterday?? I'm so out of the loop
and its depressing
small plates:
-WE FOUND 3 NEW PEOPLE! AND THEY'RE ALL GOLDEN! we taught a
family that we knocked into last week about the plan of salvation and they were
like "oh yeah all this makes sense. it makes sense that Adam and Eve had
to fall so we could be here" (this might be the first time someone has
just understood the fall right off the bat) they told us they would read the
Book of Mormon and they DID!! they're superb people. very prepared. God is the
best. we also met these 3 dudes outside installing subs in their car and ended
up teaching them the restoration right then and there. one of them, miguel, was
pretty interested and invited us to come back the next day. we did, and we had
a super good lesson with him. he was adding comments the whole time and told us
he was going to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and he DID.
miracleeees ![]()
-priesthood blessings are literally the best. we went and got
blessings on Saturday from our elders and had such a special experience all
together as a companionship. our zone leader is on his last transfer and his
companion was converted a year and a half ago so both of them are incredible
and very wise so it was such a cool experience to get their advice and hear their
testimonies
-found the cutest lady named Vicky that pretty much adopted
us as her grandchildren. she gave us the biggest hugs and told us she loved us
and that we were beautiful angels
-GIFT OF TONGUES MOMENT OF THE CENTURY: okay so there's a
butt ton of Portuguese people here and we are currently teaching this family
that don't speak any English and barely speak Spanish and we usually have to
have a member come that speaks Portuguese to help translate, but our member
cancelled tonight and couldn't come to our lesson. we were all a little freaked
out that there was a high chance that we wouldn't be able to communicate, but
right before we went in we said a little prayer to ask for the gift of tongues
and it worked out super bien... I was able to understand almost everything and
we were able to share the whole restoration and she was able to understand
enough to comprehend!! THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS REAL!
-had a BOMB lesson last night with the cutest little
family/group of friends. they let us right in and were so excited to talk to us
about our message. they were so impressed that we were out here sharing the
word of God as 20 year olds and that we are dedicating so much time to the Lord
and were very eager to hear what we had to say. it was a very cool little
lesson and they told us they'd love to have us come back again to teach more
and even gave us cute little gifts to take home :,)
large plates:
-had dinner at this place called pickle time and you bet the
burger was twice as good just because the place was called pickle time
-because Spanish here in the states is a mezcla of different
kinds of Spanish from different countries, our accents and the words we say are
just a complete mess hahaha. somebody told us this week that we use a whole
bunch of Mexican slang, bad Spanglish, and that I have an Argentine accent when
I say certain words. this is my excuse for why nobody understands us hahahaha
this week I have been reflecting a lot on why I am here as a
missionary and how I know that this is all true, and I have really come to
realize that it's very different from what I had originally thought... it's all
about the times we have felt the spirit or encounters we have had with the
spirit testifying of truth. it's not about having some glorious manifestation
with a choir of angels to testify of the truth, but rather those small and
simple moments where we can really remember feeling the holy ghost. I really
started reflecting on my testimony and how I have come to really know that
these things are true, and it all came back to those moments that I could
remember feeling the spirit and having the undeniable feeling that this part of
the gospel was true, or another part was true, and that there was no way that
this part wasnt true. over time, my testimony has been strengthened to the point
where I dont need to have that one moment where I realized that the church was
true, but rather I've come to know throughout my whole life.
but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things
are great things brought to pass
I know this church is true and I am incredibly grateful for
the knowledge I have of this beautiful gospel. being a missionary is the best
decision I've ever made hands down
LOVE YOU ALL!!! GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THE SNOW!!!!
con amor,
hermana hess
fotos: lol I dont really need to explain any of
these




Comments
Post a Comment