“Sleep now for tomorrow we die”

HOLA HOLA!!! how are all of my fans this week?? this week has been long, but this email will be short hahaha. tambien, I hit 5 months today! woo hoo!

 

small plates:

-randomly tracted into a less active guy who has been trying to get back to church which was definitely a miracle

-weekly gift of tongues moment: we're tracting along and see these dudes on their deck so we start up a convo (it's always my favorite when we walk up to people and say hello and they reply with the good ol 'no hablo ingles or I dont speak English' as if they can get out of talking to us, but then you just go HA! jokes on you sir podemos hablar en español! gets em every time) and after 15 minutes, it dawns on me that I'm fluently speaking, and he is responding and understanding and I'm understanding and the spirit is like KAPOW and everybody is just doing grand. literally these moments kill me because the gift of tongues is so real. we gave him a book of mormon and our number so I would say this Spanish moment was a success.

-we had a new woman come to church that the elders had been teaching and holy cow is she golden. she loved everything and wants to keep taking the lessons soooo we're stealing her from the elders because theyve been teaching her with a translator (they finally realized this is silly because we can speak both Spanish and English hahahah). but shes awesome!!

-theres this lady that my trainer and her past companion found that they were teaching and she wanted to be baptized, but she left the country for a few months so that all fell through. long story short, we've tried to go back and visit but she was never home but we finally visited tonight and she is ready to jump right back in with the lessons and everything soooooo booyah new friend! shes darling and we're so so excited to work with her

 

large plates:

-went back to Zion (aka target aka the motherland) one last time *sniff* 

-accidentally left the mission three times this week 😬

-GOT A NEW CAAAAR!!!!! we traded in our 2018 Rogue for a 2020 RAV4 and this sucker is the real deal. i kid you not, it drives itself which makes it very convenient for sneaking in naps while we're driving to appointments (I'm KIDDING mom I am always awake at the wheel) but we are super spoiled cause it's super duper nice. aaaand it's a hybrid so it is super quiet which i am not used to haha

-rememeber that guy I gave my personal copy of the book of mormon to? yeaaaah I went back to get it back once the spirit said it was okay and he said he 'can't find it' which means he threw it away. he did feel bad when he found out I'd been working on it for 4 months so maybe we can guilt trip him into actually reading another copy hahaha

-bonded with some 12 year old over minecraft, zelda and smash bros and my companion and our member Miguel were just losing it. my deep dark past of being a wannabe gamer is now out of the bag

 

scripture of the week: D&C 88:77-78

 

Teach ye diligently and my grace shall attend you, that you may be instructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand

 

as of late, I've really been working really hard to study the deep doctrine because I'm gonna be honest and say that I dont know very much. I've been so worried that I don't know enough because I've never read the bible all the way through and I don't know the cross references or coinciding scriptures from the bible and book of mormon like a lot of other missionaries do, but this scripture hit hard. God literally promises that if I teach diligently, that I will learn more perfectly in theory, principle, doctrine, and pretty much everything that i need to understand... this was a huge testimony builder because I'm finally figuring out that what I know is enough for now, and if I use what i know, God's gonna give me more later on. 

 

I love the gospel... the church is so true and the book is definitely blue.

 

con amor, 

hermana hess

 

p.s. I have a favor to ask from you all: if you have any good Christmas music or any music at all that is religious or pretty PLEASE send me an mp3. your girl is getting real sick of repeating the same stuff day after day lolz 

 

fotos:

 

tramp

bye bye romeo :(

my gal Novaah

neature

neature p2

food

all the leftovers this week

cornrows (all of the members thought I was emo at church)

 











Comments