sugar ohh honey honey

HOWDY!!! como estan?? esta semana fue loCo but so good!! 

 

small plates (spiritual updates):

-we had our first lesson with a referral named javier last p day and he is AWESOME! he was super excited to meet us and apparently has been watching the restoration movie all on his own soooo ding a ling he's so golden. 

-EXCHANGES! we had exchanges again this week and we decided last minute that I would be staying here in enumclaw and that Hermana Jackson would head up to Kent which meant I was the senior companion which was hecka stressful, but good. I was with Hermana Kynaston who is the bomb.com and her Spanish is incredible, but I died a little because we did a complete English fast for the day and I almost broke down because for some reason I couldn't understand anything the whole day, but hey it was a good growing experience because I had to take the lead on everything and plan everything so wooo! (I promise that is not sarcastic I actually grew a ton haha) 

-made a new friend named Ruby who has been taught in the past and had our first lesson with her and it was super good! we invited her to be baptized and she told us she had already been baptized in a different church so she's 'saved' (good thing we're really good at explaining the priesthood authority to baptize amiright) but she has a ton of potential so we're stoked to teach her.

-we went to a baptism this week!! some sisters in the zone had a baptism, so we took our friend Selvin with us and it was so special. I've never seen a convert baptism before and when he was in the font, he was just crying and the spirit was so strong. such a special experience. 

-we found 2 referrals for the English elders back to back... and they were two families... and they were all interested. crazy. coincidences dont exist

-bore my testimony yesterday and bawled like a baby and repeated like the same 4 thoughts over and over because my Spanish is very poquito, but it was such a good experience to grow my faith and share my love for those I serve. i love my branch here... even thought there's only 20 or so of them, they are absolutely incredible. 

-we found a woman who told us she had been crying before we walked up and she knew 'jehovah' had sent us to her (we love jehovah's witnesses but sometimes they get angry if we talk to them so this was cool). she told us that her brother was murdered last week by the mafia in Tijuana and that she had been really been struggling, but we were just able to leave her with our testimony and love, which was very cool. she probably isn't ready for the gospel yet, but I know that we were there when she needed us. I'm a firm believer of planting seeds

 

large plates (random):

-we kinda sorta forgot to go grocery shopping (we accidentally were playing basketball with the elders for like 4 hours lol) and so we lowkey starved this week but hey it feels like I'm right back at college!

-visited our friend Cesar who was high as a kite and could barely walk haha. he was very distraught about the mosquitos and told us he assassinates at least 5 before bed every night and how he is sacrificing his blood for jesus too every time he kills a mosquito and his blood gets on his arm hahaha gotta love him 

-Selvin told us at the baptism that on the drive over that he was ready to get baptized that day which threw us off a little and so we then had to explain that we have to do interviews and stuff but hey it's good that the desire is there hahaha. 

-lol an old man mistook us for jehovah's witnesses and got all mad that we took Christmas away from him and slammed the door

-the elders Seran wrapped our car, so we woke up early this morning and wrapped theirs in tinfoil. the war has begun

-lol we never started up our no sugar diet again after my birthday and we accidentally make cookies every other night and so peep yo girl gaining 1000 pounds out here

 

scripture tiempo! literally I could study the scriptures for 10+ hours every day they're so awesome. 

 

alma 48:17--> 

17 Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.

 

WHAT! this scripture is so COOL. if we all could be like Moroni then the devil would have NO POWER OVER US! I've definitely been striving to be more like Moroni in my actions and deeds and thoughts because if I could be a sliver of who he was, then I'm set.

 

alma 46:15 --> 

15 And those who did belong to the church were faithful; yea, all those who were true believers in Christ took upon them, gladly, the name of Christ, or Christians as they were called, because of their belief in Christ who should come.

 

one reason why I love Moroni is because of the title of liberty. many people were being led away and were trying to destroy the church, but when Moroni lifted up this title of liberty, defending the belief, the believers came RUNNING. they didnt want to forsake their God... and they took the name of christ upon themselves gladly. to what extent to we defend our faith? are we willing to sacrifice our lives? do we take his name upon us gladly every week when we renew our covenants during the sacrament? food for thought.

 

I love this gospel and all that it gives me and I'm so grateful for my savior!! LITERALLY THE GOSPEL IS LIFECHANGING! it can bring true JOY! and holyyyy cow am I so grateful for this opportunity to share that with everybody!!!!!!

 

also, I heard that bountiful lowkey lit on fire this week, so I hope everything is still okay back home... I've been praying for all of you and your families with the evacuation so I hope all is well!

 

les quiero!!!!!!! 

 

con amor, 

hermana ges 

 

fotos: 

beautiful Washington

dynamic duo

tinfoil masterpiece (the battleship set up was a nice touch)

MOUNT RAINIER BEHIND MT PEAK AINT SHE A BEAUT

elder budd with his work of art








Comments