The old kenzi can’t come to the phone right now
HOLAAAA! I'm
back and better than ever. it has been a wild wild week but it's been awesome
sauce!
small plates:
-con toda sinceridad, este semana ha sido bien dura. it's
been a challenge for sure. we had a fantastic zone conference on Wednesday, but
holy cow definitely one of the hardest days of my entire life because I
officially had to say goodbye to my baby. I have only cried a few times out
here surprisingly enough, but I definitely was ugly sobbing in front of a good
chunk of the mission... If you don't love me at my worst you dont deserve me at
my best right?? but honestly through all of this, I have truly been able to see
God in action. He truly has a plan for all of us. it kind of sucks sometimes
when he turns off the lights to let us stumble around in the dark for a little,
but sometimes you gotta flail before you fly... i miss Hermana Hampton dearly,
but I have already grown closer to my heavenly father by truly learning to
trust in Him.
-had a killer lesson about the restoration with our miracle
family that we re-found and they are officially friends now!!! WOO!!!
-exchanges. literally the most miraculous 24 hours
everrrrrrrrr. I went up to Kent with la Hermana Plewe who is on month 19 so
shes WELL-seasoned and is literally INCREDIBLE. we found so many new people to
teach and had so many miracles... we found one lady named Alma that said shes
been attending different churches trying to find a place where she feels the
spirit, but still hasnt found it. we went nuclear right there on the doorstep
and sang I am a Child of God and I know that woman felt the spirit that she had
been looking for for so long. they're going back to teach her (and she'll be
baptized for sure. easy money).
we found another man named Miguel who literally is so
freaking prepared. we talked to him for a good second about our church and
beliefs and he was so ready to come to church the next day. I was freaked the
whole time because he literally was just glowing. I FREAKING LOVE THESE PEOPLE
SO MUCH
next day, we found a woman named Patricia that let us in and
we had such a solid discussion for about an hour and she is so excited to have
the hermanas come back and teach more. cutest single mom in the world
that was all in 24 hours. crazyyyy
-had an awesome testimony meeting yesterday, and I had a very
interesting experience with the spirit. we come early every week so we can be
on time so we often here the English ward before us in the chapel, and today
when we were there, we heard someone bearing their testimony and then they
started singing I Stand All Amazed right off the stand. I definitely thought to
myself "wow that is a unique choice to sing your testimony but cudos to
you for having the guts to bear your testimony that way" and went on my
merry little way. lol. later in my testimony meeting, the spirit said
"hermana hess you already know what's up. get up on the stand and sing
that song". cant fight with the spirit so that's what I did hahahaha. but
i know it definitely was needed because music always brings the spirit. always
without fail. so sometimes you gotta lay down the pride and sing a hymn in
Spanish during testimony meeting to make your Hispanics cry
large plates:
-best p day EVER! jam packed with fun and friends. we went
hiking, had blueberry pancakes with grandpa, had a white elephant, went to a
waterfall, rode skateboards, walked the white river, played pool, and ate
Korean bbq with our bffs Maria and James from the branch. best last p day with
the hermanita
-stayed up until midnight to pop a martinellis on New Years
and continued to clean and pack hermana hamptons stuff until 1 am... the next
day was killer cause we had to be up at 5 lol
-got a big hug and a sloppy cheek kiss from some 90 year old
dude from Iraq. he saw us from his 'rabbit camera' that he uses to keep rabbits
out of his garden and came out to say hello. he didn't speak any English and I
definitely thought he was having a stroke when we first met him hahaha
-saw 2 PUGS! and boy were they cute
my new companion came from Kirkland (the birthplace of
Costco) from a trio with my trainer and my MTC companion and she is a hoot. her
name is hermana goodman and she's from Houston and is crazy hahaha. she's right
out of high school so I feel like a grandma around her because she's got so
much energy. she'll be bouncing around the apartment and I'll be laying on the
floor because my back hurts hahaha
the mission iz gud. ain't nothing better than dedicating my
time to preach this wonderfully beautiful fantastic gospel to everyone in the
Spanish language. literally sorry to be this person but I just freaking LOVE
hispanics. Spanish is the best language in the whole world. change my
mind
anyways, love you all so much. I promise I'm doing alright
sorry if my emails were concerning the last few weeks
con todo amor,
hermana hecho
fotos:
Washington is beautiful
my mama and my baby
my sweet companion
best zone everrrr
the bffs
grandpa :)













Comments
Post a Comment