toe rings & milagros
first off can i just tell ya that God is
good??? like holy cow we've just been crazy blessed this week.
small
plates:
-LOSING
MY MIND BECAUSE WE HAD THE COOLEST LESSON EVER WITH OUR PAL JAVIER!!!! keep in
mind he's the dude who found the Joseph Smith movie all by himself and watched
the whole thing and just loves all we teach him, but before we head in to the
lesson, we were planning on teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ (aka the fourth
article of faith plus enduring to the end), and once we get in there and
talking with him for a bit, hes just like "I understand our end goal is to
end up with our Father in Heaven and right now our purpose of living on earth
is to be learning and progressing, but aren't there some specific things that
we need to do? like I just wish there were some specific steps I could be
taking to prepare to meet God". Hermana Hampton and I just look at each
other and I literally almost pee my pants and say "great news!!!! theres 5
steps and we were planning on talking about them today!!!" we taught
everything and he was incredibly receptive and was repeating it all back to us
to make sure he had it right, and then when we asked if hed be baptized and
start taking the steps, his answer was a quick and short "of course I
would". boom bada bing. we didnt get him on date because he works 1029374
hours every week and cant come to church ever but HEY he's gonna be baptized at
some point!!!!!
-intercambios!!!!
I gotta have an exchange with la hermana plewe who is the bomb diggity. shes
been out 17 months so her Spanish is bomb and so is her teaching so I learned a
whole ton from her. we met a man at the gas station and ended up talking to him
for an hour because he told us hes been looking for the truth for 17 years...
we asked him if hes read from the Book of Mormom and sincerely prayed and he
answered yes, but he still didnt feel anything, so the wise hermana plewe said
something to really make him think. she asked him if he were to find out it was
true, would he really be willing to act? if he discovered the truth was in
buddhism, would he do everything he could to become Buddhist? and if he found
it in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, would he be baptized? He
pondered about that for a sec and then answered he'd never thought about it
like that before. We gave him the address to the nearest church and I saw
something change in him when we handed him that card because he started to
really see the hope of finding truth. soooo long story short pray for Matthew
and that he finds what hes been looking for for so long.
-watched
the Restoration movie in Spanish and just cried and cried. that movie gets me
everytime, and it's even more spiritually uplifting when you start to
understand it in another language. again, the gift of tongues is real.
-MIRACLE
SUNDAY! buckle down cause this is a long one, but to start off, theres this
little white book that we call the white bible. we live out of that thing
because it has every single rule that a missionary needs to know (theres about
a million haha). we have had a hard past couple of weeks with finding new
people and havent actually had anyone new to teach this entire transfer, which
has been incredibly hard, so we decided to really, truly, exactly, living by
that little book because we need some miracles. theres one little tiny line in
there that I've been ignoring the whole mission that says "tattoos, nose
rings, other body piercings, or toe rings are not acceptable" and I was
like pues duh we shouldn't have all these piercings and what not as
missionaries but toe rings??? like nobody's even gonna see that
anyways?? I've had a toe ring on for around a year and a half and like it
doesnt come off because the skin has grown around it (sorry if this is TMI
hahaha) and I've just been ignoring that statement because I'm the only one who
sees it, but Saturday night, I decided if I was going to be 100% obedient, it
had to go. so I cried a little bit and took it off, and what happened the next
day???? we had 6 PEOPLE COME TO CHURCH. 6. OUR GOAL WAS 3. AND 3 OF THESE
PEOPLE WERE DAN JONES'S OR PEOPLE WHO JUST RANDOMLY SHOWED UP. Selvin brought
his niece and nephew, and then the other 3 men randomly showed up and I cannot
even begin to tell you how golden they are. they're practically ready to be
thrown in the font. they all loved learning about Christ coming to the Americas
and felt so welcomed at the branch and they're coming next week with more
buddies because "our congregation is small and we want to fill the
room". God is good, exact obedience brings miracles.
large
plates:
-i made
salmon for the first time in my life and it was delightful.
-ha funny
story. we tracted into this 21 year old dude who let us right in and asked us
how we can be saved, so we started teaching and ended up teaching the first 3
lessons and all was going smooth until the end when he told us hes very active
in his Christian church and how the bible says this and this and this about
latter day prophets and other books of scripture blah blah blah (we get this a
lot but jokes on you cause theres proof in the bible and book of mormon about
each other). long story short we end up giving him a Book of Mormon and bearing
testimony about it, and then heading out cause we dont wanna fight. we make it
home, and I reach in my bag and realize i messed up so bad.
back
story: theres this copy of the Book of Mormon that I've been working on for 4
months that is crazy marked up with all of my thought written in the margins
and I use it every day in tracting and teaching and I just love that thing to
pieces. and yep, I accidentally gave that dude my personal copy. after many
tears and much agony, I finally decided maybe it's good he has that copy cause
all he has to do is open it and maybe see some highlights and realize how
important it is to me and he'll read. we've even tried to go back to get it if
he isn't reading it, but the spirit keeps saying no sooooo it's all in Gods
hands for right now. maybe one day I'll go get her back and give him his own
copy haha
-we're
currently working as therapists for some lady in the English ward who is
suicidal and had clung on to us as of late so pray for Jana and pray for us
cause that makes me mighty stressed on top of everything else goin on
-played
with littlest pet shops and American girl dolls with Selvin on his front porch.
literally I love that man more than anyone else on this whole earth (besides my
dog)(jk mom you know I love the family too)
anywho
sorry the email is 10 years long but it's just 2 good not to share yanno? life
is awesome possum right now and I dont wanna be anywhere else. I love the
mission and I love the people and I love all of you too :')
con todo
el amor en mi corazoncito,
hermana
hess
fotos:
one day I'll get a good pic of Rainier
kitty in
a sweater
baby hit
2 months!



Comments
Post a Comment