ukuleles & trailer parks
HOLA!!! what is up what is up?? this week has
literally been all over the place but it's been good!! and hey i havent killed
my baby yet so we're doing good with training!!!!
and my
baby is AWESOME! Hermana Hampton is a gorgeous redhead from a tiny town called
Alberta in Utah and we have had a blast so far. her Spanish is growing every
day and it's just so awesome to be able to be her companion.
small
plates:
-the.
gift. of. tongues. is. real.
a week
ago before training, I could get along alright with Spanish, but I did not feel
ready to train because of the language and having to take control of lessons
and conversations, but I can truly testify that God qualifies those He calls
and He helps so so much. there were countless experiences this week where I was
speaking I later realized that I had been speaking fluently in lessons or
contacts... it definitely was not me. there is no way I could do this by
myself. I'm truly speaking now and I'm absolutely loving the language because
I'm able to fully talk with anyone. I love love love being a Spanish
missionary
-we had
finding day on Saturday and had some really cool experiences. we first went to
a neighborhood where apparently the elders had just been and ran into a man
that said he doesnt usually talk with missionaries because hes Evangelist, but
he said he had a question that came to his head after the elders had left like
an hour before and then we knocked on his door. we weren't necessarily able to
answer his question because it was a little deep, but it was cool because it
gave us the opportunity to talk to him for longer than usual and we knew that
it wasnt any coincidence that we showed up right after the elders. that
afternoon, we went to the sketchiest trailor park in the area in the middle of
the woods and actually had some good success!! at first, I thought this was
where I was going to die because hermanas were attacked there a few months ago,
but we ended up finding a lady from Brazil who was taught back by missionaries
before and she was such a sweetheart. she took us down to the river and we had
some good conversations about the gospel soooo hopefully we can come back to
the super sketchy trailor park!
-THE
ELDERS FOUND A FAMILY FOR US AND THEYRE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! the mom is from
Argentina and is a member, but her husband is not, but theyve been trying to
find the hermanas to teach him and their 3 darling kiddos, and the elders FOUND
THEM! they are so so kind and responded so well to what we taught when we
visited and so we're freaking stoked to keep coming back!!
large
plates:
-literally
we had the best day ever. we went to see our pal David who owns the music store
in town and we just started chatting and Hermana Hampton brought up how she
tried to learn the ukulele in the past and wished she had kept up with it, and
he just goes "oh here you guys can borrow these" and pulls 2 brand
new ukuleles down from the wall and straight up let us take them home if we
just promised to pray for the store and its employees and we were like uh heck
yeah we can do that, sooooo we have 2 ukuleles for a few weeks which is SO
AWESOME because I have missed my uke and guitar a ton out here. TENDER
MERCIES!
-tried to
speak in Spanish to a Russian man who said he doesnt speak English because I'm
so used to that response and responding in Spanish hahahaha
-met a
woman named Understanding who gave us some essential oils and soap that she
made herself in her trailer in the woods. gotta love the folks here man
-ate a
plate of enchiladas that lit my mouth on fire and brought many tears to my
eyes, but just smiled through the pain because I love the people too much
hahahah
one thing
I have had reaffirmed over and over out here is the importance of sowing seeds.
we talked with a recent convert in the English ward and she told us her
conversion story and how many times missionaries came by before she let them
in, but also how much the gospel has blessed and changed her life. she would be
a completely different person if it weren't for the missionaries who didnt give
up on her. it gives me hope because probably 1 out of 100 contacts actually
holds potential, but the other 99 are seeds planted and one day they'll take
root and grow. God's plan is amazing, but sometimes requires some patience, but
I can truly testify that His timing is perfect. you can look back and see the
dots connect
I love
this church, I love this gospel, I love being a missionary, i love my savior, I
love wearing His name, and I love watching this gospel change me into the
person i want to be.
les
quiero y estoy agradecida por su apoyo y amor.
realmente
agradecida.
con todo
de mi corazon,
hermana
hess
fotos:
beautiful
Washington
bye
hermanita Jackson:(
our
ukuleles!!!!
mama and baby!!!!






Comments
Post a Comment