vamos a la playa (aka la hospital)
hola hola I am still alive and thriving here in
ye old Mexico!! and it's been such a good last week! I leave TUESDAY. my flight
is at 7:30 so I have to be at the front desk at 2 am because I was delegated
the wonderful position of travel leader so peep your girl losing 5 missionaries
in the Mexico airport because of sleep deprivation hahaha
Spiritual
updates:
Holy cow
has this week been absolutely incredible... so buckle up for the spiritual
updates
-Hermana
Janke had to go to the hospital this week for some digestive problemos so I
gotta go twice on exchanges to go spend the day with her and we had some of the
most spiritual experiences I've had since I've been here. She couldn't move
around too much so we had 2 full days to just sit and talk about anything and
everything and so we just sat and shared scriptures and our testimonies and it
was theeee best. I was in the hospital with her Sunday and because we missed
sacrament, a member of the presidency and his wife came to bless the sacrament
for us and the spirit was absolutely incredible... he cried as he blessed and
then Hermana Janke bore her testimony after and we all just cried for an hour
or so. Honestly one of the most powerful experiences I've ever had with the
sacrament.
-our
teacher was sick this week so we got to teach our substitute and it was the
coolest teaching experience yet. He said his name was David and he didn't
believe in God because it was easier than believing there was a God and how
that made him feel incredibly guilty about his past. He told us about how 15
years ago he got his girlfriend pregnant and how they decided to have an
abortion and how he thinks about how awful he is every night (I know heavy
topic to be talking about in broken spanish) and so we had the opportunity to
teach him about the atonement and we shared Isaiah 1:18 with him and told him
about the love that God has for him and all of us were on the verge of tears...
even though it wasnt necessarily real, the spirit was. The comfort the gospel
brings is incredible.
-we
invited our investigator Oscar (aka Hermano Lara) to be baptized and he said
YES! It was super super awesome
-JACOB 5.
Literally dont know how I've passed on this chapter before when reading the BOM
but WOOF it is such a good one about missionary work. 15/10 highly reccomend
Awkward/fun/random:
-i gotta
take 2 1.5 hour naps in the hospital this week hehe tender mercies
-we had
to say goodbye to our favorite Latino district that we've done exchanges with 4
times and it was so so sad. They're all such angels
-so i was
congested before I came here I've been congested the whole time I've been here
so I finally went to the infirmaria to get some meds or something and the
doctor said something about allergy testing and I literally just started
sobbing because shots are my worst fear hahahahah. The poor Spanish doctor had
no idea what to do so I just sat and cried for a bit but he ended up just
giving me some allergy meds so all is well lol.
-literally
our entire distrito has lost all motivation because its week 6 so we've
followed our schedule a total of 3 times this week hahahah but we've definitely
been having a blast this last week together. I'll miss all these fools a
lot
Next time
you hear from me I'll be in SEATTLE!!! Im freaking stoked to get back to the
states, but I'll definitely miss the ccm and my experience here because it has
been fantastic (aside from the food poisoning) And thank you for all of your
support and love! I love love love all of you so much and I'm so grateful for
this opportunity to be a missionary and to teach this amazing gospel!
TENGO
MUCHO AMOR PARA USTEDES!!!!
Con amor,
Hermana
Hess
fotos:
1.
Whiteboard art
2-3. My
beautiful Latina compaƱera
4. View
from the hospital
5. The
jankster
6-7 our
fave latino distrito







Comments
Post a Comment