we named our car scruffy

HELLO HELLO! HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING! hopefully everyone has had a lovely week recovering from Thanksgiving because I'm still recovering from my food coma hahaha but this week has been a goodie!!

we have transfers today and my whole zone is being flopped except us and one other companionship haha so wild, but here's to another transfer here in Enumscratch!!!! I sure do love it here so I'm excited

 

small plates:

-had a killer lesson with a family we've been teaching for forever about the book of mormon. as I gave the first vision again, everything started to hit so clearly that this truly is Christ's church, he appeared to Joseph Smith, and that the Book of Mormon is the evidence and reality of his infinite love and atoning sacrifice. we were about to drop this family a few weeks ago so hopefully that lesson kicks them into gear because I know they felt the spirit. 

-found a 17 year old boy that was honestly so prepared. we showed up on his porch looking for someone else, but ended up having a little lesson and showing the 'Because of Him' video which he absolutely loved. when we asked if we could come back to show him the christ child video, it was a quick and strong 'absolutely' soooo yeah we're excited for that hehe

-crazy story: we didnt know where to go after all our plans fell through one day this week, and Hna Hampton felt like we needed to find a specific family but we didnt know where. we randomly picked an old potential to try and visit, and when we showed up, they let us right in and we stayed for a long time just talking about the church. they have a lot of friends who are members and they love the missionaries, but they told us that its crazy we showed up because the last time they had missionaries knock, they had just had a life changing event, and they had just had another one the night before we came (coincidence? I think NOT). they set up another appt for us to come back and show them the christ child soooo woo!! 

 

large plates:

-ate the best burger of my life last week. small towns always have killer restaurants if you can find them

-we love to go to the Mexican grocery store in town for taco Tuesday because they have killer street tacos, but my absolutely favorite thing to do in there is to pretend like I'm just browsing and then look to the people next to me and ask something in Spanish because they ALWAYS do a double look like 'oh my gosh this blonde gringa is talking to me'. priceless. literally Spanish is the best thing in the entire world for trolling people and I love it hahahahaha 

-drove all the way to the mission office and got to go to Cafe Rio :,) AND some lady paid for our meal AND another woman came up while we were eating and gave us money. literally blessings on blessings 

-we gave some service at a Thanksgiving meal for veterans and had a blast. Hermana Hampton started talking with this 70 year old man about getting into filming movies because he had 'all the connections', but he thought she should maybe start by modeling for playboy first and he said he could help with that by taking her pictures hahahahahahahahaha I almost peed my pants because I was laughing so hard. being the supportive trainer that i am, I definitely just sat back and watched her beg for help lol good times 

-had the best Thanksgiving eveeeer. we had a mission wide sports day that morning so we got together with half the mission and played sports and had a blast and then we gotta call families and theeeeen we gotta have a traditional Thanksgiving with our branch president. it was delicious and I even got to play perpetual commotion after soooo it was a fan freaking tastic day. 

-had Thanksgiving dinner like 4 times this week because members keep dropping off their leftovers to us lol 

-I GOT MY BOOK OF MORMON BACK!!!!!! I WENT BACK AND HAD TO BIBLE BASH FOR A BIT TO GET IT BACK BUT I HAVE IT!!!!!!! literally this dude wasnt gonna give it back because of that scripture in revelations that talks about how you cannot add anything to the bible yadda yadda and he thought he was doing me a favor by "saving me from sin" HA good sir, thanks but no thanks. the copy is completely wrecked, but hey it's my Book of Mormon none the less. happy days

-Hermana Hampton told some dude that she was a man instead of that she was hungry. priceless

 

spiritual food for thought: 

3 Nephi 26:9

And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them.

 

oftentimes, we expect manna to fall from heaven before we've even done anything... but why would we ever need to grow if everything was handed to us on a silver platter? sometimes, we have to take a few steps into the dark, trusting and expecting that the light is going to move and illuminate the way. I can absolutely testify that this is the way we grow and progress which is of course, why we are here. 

 

love u all millions and millions and I appreciate all of your support and love :) 

 

THE CHURCH IS TRUE THE BOOK IS BLUE

 

con amor, 

hermana hess

 

fotos:

cold stone

the gals

thxgiving

one of the leftovers (like c'mon someone gave us a whole pie and a whole chicken)

wrecked book of mormon

burger

 








Comments