we're off to see the wizard!
HOLA MIS AMIGOS Y FAMILIA!!!! wassup wassup??
I'm still thriving and Washington is still as beautiful as ever! it's crazy
green here right now and CRAZY humid but surprisingly super sunny and beautiful
so I'm a happy camper.
spiritual
updates:
-we were
getting a little discouraged because we couldn't find a lot of people to teach,
but every time we were feeling a little down, we would find some potentials
that genuinely seemed interested which is aweeesome. God is real.
-we found
a FAMILY. they had their door open and invited us right in when we came to the
door and we taught the entire restoration and it was so so special. they were
genuinely interested and the mom initially told us that she wonders why there
are so many churches in enumclaw and shes trying to find out which one is true
and both me and my comp were like 'NO WAY. there was a young boy named Joseph
Smith who had the SAME QUESTION' so that was awesome. were excited to start
teaching them
-our
friend selvin who is the cutest lil guy ever wants to be BAPTIZED!!!!! hes been
trying to overcome some addictions and has been struggling to ask God for help
but he finally told us that he hasn't been smoking at all for the past week
which is the first time in like 5 years!!!! he is so ready for the gospel and
we are absolutely ecstatic to help him get baptized and then get to the
temple... hes the absolute best.
-SPANISH
IS AWESOME POSSUM. literally I'm being blown away every day how much God is
helping me with communication here. I've noticed my Spanish continually getting
better and better and I'm starting to be able to speak without even thinking
about translating from English to Spanish sooooo WOOOOO.
-yesterday
was Sunday numba 2 here and they asked me to speak like 45 min before sacrament
meeting so that was a little wild, but a lot of people told me my Spanish was
near perfect and I definitely know that was heavenly father cause I am not
capable of speaking perfect Spanish on my own right now hahaha
fun
stories:
-hahahahahah
the prunking has begun. we have 3 sets of elders in our district and us and we
have started a little war between 2 other sets of elders and it's been fun
hahaha. if any of you have good pranks PLEASE send them my way
I promise
we are obedient missionaries, but we've just been having some good fun hehe. it
started with some lady giving us some horrible Christian CDs so we left those
for the elders, and in return they left a nice DVD from the 70s titled 'does
God really love our families?' and left a talk titled "surviving in enemy
territory" and weve just had some fun going back and forth hahaha but
little do they know that we found some large metal poles from a trampoline so
they're gonna have a nice little surprise when they come home tonight ðŸ¤
-elder
Lara our district leader wrote a gospel rap that was straight fuego. spreading
the gospel in very unique ways here in enumclaw
-selvin
compared us to the wizard of oz because he thinks we are so powerful and he
needs to be like the tin man and scarecrow and gain a stronger heart and brain
haha such a cutie.
-that
video that the elders gave us is a really old compilation of mormon messages
from the 70s and because we are a little deprived of entertainment out here, we
watched it for like 45 minutes without even realizing it hahahah good times
-we have
daily challenges to help us find in creative ways and sooo I had to compare the
gospel to a banana this week and then eat it in front of someone and I think I
freaked them out a little lol
I LOVE THIS
GOSPEL! Literally the mission is the best thing that has ever happened to me
and I love love love watching my testimony grow through teaching the gospel...
I have never been happier and I love having the opportunity to serve so many
people. the church is true the book is blue!!!!!!
I love
you all!!!! I'd love to hear from you if you wanna send me some prank ideas or
gospel music I'll love you forever!!!!!!!
con amor,
hermana
jess
fotos:
beautiful
Seattle, prunks, the start of a watch tanline- the mark of a true missionary







Comments
Post a Comment